Love love love this recipe with my modifications. 😉 I made this for my latest round of 21 Day Fix and had it every day during week 1 — so yummy. I am going to give you the exact instructions from the Fixate cookbook and at the end I’ll give you my modifications to the recipe.
2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast (or lean grass-fed ground beef)
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney or pinto beans, drained / rinsed
1 (15-oz) can organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 cup red wine
1 tbsp ground chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
8 tsp crumbled goat cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & bell peppers, cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt & red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Evenly divide between 6 serving bowls, top with cilantro & cheese.
Fix Container Counts
Serves: 6 (1 1/2 cups each)
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1/2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red & 1/2 teaspoon
Caterina’s Modifications (okay let’s be honest, my mom’s modifications)
- We skipped the red wine & added 2 cups of water
- Less is more when it comes to me — so I did less onion & less on all the herbs
- We added 1 chicken bouillion cube for favor (because I didn’t add the wine)
I didn’t include the cilantro or the cheese until each day when I measured it out and instead I put 1 blue container of feta cheese in it — delicious!
Here’s a look at the recipe straight from the amazing Fixate cookbook (I love this cookbook!!):
Questions? Leave a comment below!